Pura Vida Surf Camp
January 6-13, 2018
Samara Beach, Costa Rica
Escape from the winter with us to the beautiful and warm beach of Samara Costa Rica! Surf, Sun and Sea await you as you ride waves with your new-found love: SURFING!
Costa Rica is known for its biodiversity, exquisite beaches, warm ocean waves, and the pure heart of the local Costa Ricans. You will immerse in the local flair of Samara Beach by being guided by James Flores, who is a native of Samara and an experienced head coach.
James Flores is a native of Samara and your lead instructor. He is 25 years of surfing and competitive surfing under his belt and shares his love of surfing, the ocean and Samara with you.
The town of Samara is authentically Tico (Costa Rican). Unlike other Costa Rican beach owns, Samara maintains it’s local flair. At Tico Mae Retreats we have a shop on Playa Samara and it wouldn’t be unusual for James’ mom to welcome you with a bowl of beans and rice grown on her farm!
A week-long surf camp with Tico Mae Retreats will give you a local’s perspective on food, culture, people, adventure, mindfulness and surfing.
This is not just a week of surfing and these are not just any surf lessons! You will benefit from:
- Understanding the body mechanics of surfing out of water and in the water,
- Adapting techniques to suit your body and your fitness level
- Learning James’ step by step technique that allows you to stand up on the board in the first lesson!
- Daily lessons that build in more technique to improve your body’s conditioning, confidence, and connection with the ocean and the sport.
- Having quality and expert instructors who are personable and trained in water safety.
- Tropical fruit during surf lessons.
- Getting hooked on surfing!
We had a taste of family surf camp with James and he is amazing! Amazing surfer, great teacher and just wonderful with children- he had my 9 year-old surfing in no time and my 2 year-old even rode a little wave! Sàmara is a perfect destination for a family get away and I can’t recommend James enough!!
The surfing retreat in Costa Rica was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on. At 53 I never thought I would try surfing, but with James’ expertise and personal attention I caught a few waves and I couldn’t believe how much fun it was! I now understand why people become obsessed with this sport. I will never forget Cindy and her entire staff at hotel Samara Paraiso, and the incredible group of people that I shared this unique experience with!
James is an excellent teacher! It was truly an amazing week, just what we needed and more.
I learned more in one hour here than in all the years I’ve spent dragging myself out in Dog Beach in San Diego.
Do you have to surf every day??
Not at all! Here’s what else is included in your camp:
- A Boat Tour to see marine wildlife and the option to snorkel.
- Meditation and/or Yoga class on the beach.
- Pre-conditioning fitness exercises prior to surf lessons.
- A SUP (Paddle Board) Tour.
The camp is 4 hours each day so it leaves plenty of personal time for a siesta, walk on the beach, enjoy the town, have meals and explore the area.
Package Details – Sámara, Costa Rica
Tico Mae Surf Camp includes:
- Daily Surf lessons
- Up to 2 hours each day of my observing your application of each lesson
- Daily Fitness activities, yoga or meditation
- Additional adventure like snorkeling, horse back riding, paddle boarding, boat tour or other.
An Unbelievable price of: $700 Until Nov 15/ $850 after Nov 15. Register Now to Save $150!
**Accommodations are not included in the Surf Camp. We can recommend local hotels or you can find a house on airbnb or VRBO.
If surfing, the sunshine, warm water, and adventure are calling you, look no further for an authentic Costa Rican experience.
Come experience what the Costa Rican saying “Pura Vida”is all about. PURE LIFE.
Tico Mae Retreats is committed to providing you with an unforgettable experience that inspires the connection to pure life that comes through nature, ocean, culture, heart, and adventure.
We look forward to sharing my passion for surfing and love of Costa Rica so that you too can experience “Pura Vida”.